Thursday, February 17, 2011

PWR At Stanford


PWR, or Program in Writing and Rhetoric, is a mandatory class at Stanford, but unlike IHum, which I despise to a point for the fact of the lectures imposing ideas in my head, I actually like PWR. It gives me this chance to explore topics which I really really enjoy and get to talk to some awesome people. It's even so chill that I'm writing this blog-post in the middle of the class. It's that awesome.

We have to write an RBA, or a research based argument, on any topic we choose as long as it lies somewhere within the confines of our PWR class. For example, I am in South Asian Diaspora, so I'm going to write about the impact of illegal immigration in American neighborhoods socially. I'm really excited for the books that I'm researching and I feel like such a beast when I have a ton of books. It's pretty awesome. :D











By the way, it was also Valentine's Day recently, so in my interest and with the idea of a person in my dorm we created a heart out of circuit chips that were created on a silicon wafer by breaking it up. It was pretty awesome.

Gotta love nanotechnology :D

-Jo*time to pay attention*hn

No comments:

Post a Comment